CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Work Ugh~Day 26

This is taken at my night job, I have grown a strong dislike for this job. I've been there four year's to long and can't wait to quit. On this night in particular we stood around and did mark ups. Which means we had to scan, tear the old perforated price tag off, and then put a new sticker on it. The new mark ups ranged from .50 cent to $2.00, it was the stupidest thing I have ever done.



“It was true that I didn’t have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?”
—Charles Bukowski,
Factotum, Black Sparrow Press, 1975


No comments:

Post a Comment